Friday, March 20, 2009

A Few Things I'm Thankful For

Yesterday was "Thankful Thursday", or at least that's how my good friend Mike Spillman coined it. In response to his question "What do YOU have to be THANKFUL for?" I said the following:

Among many things I'm thankful for waking up every day. I know that may seem lame but amazingly enough we take the very breath we breathe for granted most the time and I just like to take time out now and again to remember how good God is to keep me alive everyday. Of course, I'm very thankful for my little nieces.

Today I'd like to share a few more things I'm thankful for. I'm thankful that I have my family around me (both my parents are still alive and kicking). I'm thankful that I have the freedom to worship my God in private as well as in public (in Sunday services at church). I'm thankful for the sun, the moon, the stars. I'm thankful that I can see them. I'm thankful for food. I'm thankful that I can taste and enjoy it. I'm thankful for clothing and shelter. I'm thankful that I can feel warm and cozy at night when I go to sleep (or as is the case most the time in Belize, cool in contrast to the day's heat). I'm thankful that I can hear and enjoy the birds twirping, my little niece playing and having fun and even crying sometimes. I'm thankful for my health (though it's not at its optimum).

These are just a few more things I'm thankful for. What are you thankful for today?

God bless...

Miss J

1 comment:

  1. MJ - as always I am humbled when I read you make comment of anything that I am doing. I consider it an hour to be "your good friend"! Keep up the great work!

    Mike Spillman
    "Make it an AWESOME Day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

    ReplyDelete