Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Calling All Writers

Hi everyone,

On Sunday, May 17, 2009 I reminded my readers that I have been holding a story continuation contest.

To recap:

have decided to further extend the deadline from Friday, May 29, 2009 12:00 (midnight) EST (US) to Saturday, August 15, 2009. The winner will be announced on Saturday, August 29, 2009 on this blog.

I have decided to extend the deadline until Saturday, August 15, 2009 to allow for as many people as possible to get in on this contest. This contest now has an interesting twist, which should cause a stir among the readers of this blog.

The twist: Well, before I get to the twist, I should probably recap the original outline of the contest for those of you not familiar with it.

To recap (the original outline): I had opened a story continuation contest. The story is one of my christian fiction entitled "The Wealthy Atheist". So far 3 Chapters have been posted. I am looking for Chapter 4.

The lucky winner will become an author on my blog PLUS they will receive $1 (the cash may go up) to their paypal account (must have paypal account in order to receive payment).

In order to qualify to win you MUST continue the story (Chapter 4) on the storymash.com site. Only continuations (Chapter 4) posted on the storymash.com site will qualify for the prize (of authorship on my blog AND cash).

Now for the twist: You are allowed to continue ANY of the stories found here. In addition, you can go as many chapters on ANY of these stories as you like. Why? Because the more stories you continue, and the more chapters of ANY story you continue, the more cash (that's right I said more cash) you are eligible to receive. I think this bares repeating. The more stories you continue, the more cash you are eligible to receive. The more chapters of ANY story you continue, the more cash you are eligible to receive. The only condition that remains the same from the original outline is that it MUST be continued (each story you choose to continue for as many chapters you choose to continue) MUST be posted on the storymash.com site (and of course I must be able to find it).

Let me clarify what I just said with a couple examples.

Example # 1: Currently there are 4 distinct stories on storymash.com (The Wealthy Atheist - Chapters 1, 2 & 3; Her First Nightmare; Heavenly Minded; Teenage Drama). You decide you will continue 3 of these 4 stories. If you decide to continue each story 1 chapter each, that's 1 x 3 = 3 times the cash (which is 3 x $1 = $3) you're eligible to receive if you are chosen the winner (from among your 3 entries).

Example # 2: Of the 4 stories currently there, you decide to just continue 1 of them. You decide that you'll write (oh let's say) 5 chapters. That's 1 x 5 = 5 times the cash (which is 5 x $1 = $5) you're eligible to receive if you are chosen the winner (from among your 5 entries).

Are you beginning to see the possibilities here? The possible cash you could receive is completely based on how many entries you decide on.

If you are confused then please feel free to drop me a note (for clarification purposes) to storywriterinbz@gmail.com and I'll do my best to get back to you within 48 hours of receiving your note.

Looking forward to reading quite a few entries.

God bless..

MJ/LJ
"For With God Nothing Is Impossible" Luke 1:37
NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER GIVE IN!
Million Dollar Experiment 2009 (blog)
Story Writer In Bz (blog)
Christians In Business (blog)
MJ Enterprises Bz (Blog)

Follow me on twitter:
milliondollars2
storywriterinbz

No comments:

Post a Comment